Web Developer / Magento Developer
The Web Design Group are seeking an experienced Web Developer / Magento Developer to expand our Internet Marketing team and join vibrant and expanding company based in Nottingham. Our office location offers great transportation links to Nottingham City Centre.
TWDG Ltd. are a Nottingham based Digital Agency that aids a wide variety of clients with a comprehensive range of Online Marketing services. Due to recent expansion, we are looking to recruit a talented Web Developer with a core focus on Magento and WordPress developments.
Our successful company works with a variety of clients, from leading UK service providers to Fast Track 100 online retailers. The agency is a Google Partner, Bing Ads Accredited Professional Company, MailChimp Experts and also official partners with PayPal, SagePay and BrightPearl. An experience with working on e-commerce and service sector SEO projects would be the perfect fit for this role.
Recent growth has aided us in our expansion, allowing us to move premises, to a state of the art office facility located in Nottingham. The offices have undergone a £3.5m renovation and provide state of the art facilities including meeting and conference facilities, café, break out areas, media studio, secure on site car parking, changing / shower facilities and much more.
Located 10 minutes drive from the M1 and 15 minutes from Nottingham’s city centre, our location is perfect for any commuters. Situated directly facing David Lane tram stop the public transport routes offered by the NET Tram and NCT Bus services are exceptional.
This role is for an all rounded web developer that can take on the challenge of developing bespoke solutions whilst working with a variety of platforms, primarily Magento CE versions 1 to 2 and WordPress.
A strong skillset for front end and back end development and related languages such as HTML, CSS, JS and PHP must be demonstrated, with a significant number of Magento deployments under your belt
Qualifications, Experience & Requirements:
The successful applicant for this role must meet the following requirements.
Required Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years’ industry experience either ‘in house’ or within an agency environment.
- Strong front end development skills and knowledge of XHTML, HTML, XML, CSS and JS.
- Strong backend development skills and knowledge of PHP, MySQL, Zend Framework and OOP.
- Strong front end and back end development skills, experience and knowledge of developing Magento web site following Magento guidelines / best practices.
- Strong awareness and development skills utilising frameworks and pre-processors (LESS / SASS).
- Experience of deploying, configuring and utilising version control.
- Strong communication skills, experience of meeting deadlines and liaising with clients, whilst working on your own initiative and within a team.
- A strong experience and working knowledge of Linux based web hosting, configuration, deployment of projects and internet architecture.
- Competent at testing and debugging projects.
Desirable Skills & Experience
- WordPress development experience.
- Magento 2 development experience.
- Magento Enterprise Edition development experience.
- Magento certification.
- Email marketing experience.
- Awareness or knowledge of SEO for the impact with web development and integration.
- Awareness or knowledge of PPC for the impact with web development and integration.
- Awareness or working knowledge of associated Google, Brightpearl, Payment Gateways (PayPal, SagePay) API’s, products and integrations.
- Commercial experience of systems integration via SOAP, REST, file transfer etc.
- Design and CRO experience with the ability to use related design packages such as Photoshop.
- The ability to outline and discuss project scopes with senior members of the team for brief development.
- Developing and deploying projects from start to finish utilising various platforms and programming languages.
- Build bespoke modules or advise on off-the-shelf solutions to meet tech requirements and integrate other platforms if required.
- Aid the company build sufficient workflows and processes.
- Manage workflows for projects on time whilst liaising with internal and external parties.
We offer all employees a fantastic array of benefits including competitive salaries, skill development, holidays and more listed below:
- Competitive Salary
- 21 Days Holiday + Bank Holidays + Extra Holidays (incurred per year of service)
- Quality Hardware and Software
- Training and Qualification Opportunities
- Industry Conference and Seminar Opportunities
- Pension Scheme (post 2017 staging date)
If you're interested, email email@example.com with an up to date CV, covering letter and portoflio of work that demonstrates required skills.
We do not accept applications from agencies.
Telephone: 0800 321 3742
The Web Design Group
NBV Enterprise Centre,